The Cap Foundation
We support state animal welfare organizations and individuals with special projects, helping them fulfill their missions. Success for others reflects our ability to fulfill our own mission—to network, protect and educate, thereby raising the value of animals in all spheres of concern.
When you donate to us, we apply your gifts to vetted groups, events, and projects that need an extra boost to accomplish their goals in educating about and protecting animal interests in our state.
- Colorado Pet Pantry
- Collected and donated pet food & supplies following the Boulder county fires.
- We continue to collect and support CPP’s efforts to provide for under-served citizens and their pets.
- Colorado School of the Arts
- We created a poster contest to benefit Be Kind To Animals Week. The Grand Prize winner received a monetary scholarship. The winner and five runners-up students had their artwork displayed at the State Capital building, sponsored by Representative Rob Woodward. All works were also displayed at myriad vendors, shelters, veterinarian clinics, etc.
- My Word Publishing Summer Writing Camp
- We provided a scholarship for the “Writing For Animals” class, which we also taught. The resulting stories were published by the students in an anthology available on Amazon.com.
- University of Denver
- We provide a scholarship for students in the School of Social Work equine/animal therapy department.
- Colorado Voters for Animals
- We raise and distribute funds to our sister political nonprofit for supporting animal friendly legislation.
- We provide networking assistance to connect constituents to legislators for representation, research, and bill drafting.
- Luvin Arms Farm Animal Sanctuary
- We provided needed funds to assist in the construction of avian habitat to combat and protect rescued flocks from bird flu.
- Rotary Groups, etc.
- We present lectures for service organizations to raise awareness of and educate about state animal welfare concerns.
- Humane Education
- We provide a wide variety of topics through our website blog, social media, events, and personal appearances, making crucial information available to the public.
- Rescues, Sanctuaries, & Shelters
- We partner with other state groups through their events; help fund special projects, and Board Member Dr. Peter Converse provides free well-check exams to newly adopted rescued pets.
- We organize events with the public via our volunteers & members to tour and learn about other Colorado animal and environmental organizations.
- Colorado Council of Churches
- We sponsored the 2022 Easter Sunrise Service
- Colorado Crime Stoppers
- We partner with CCS by providing award monies for information leading to the apprehension, arrest, and conviction of animal abusers.
- The Link Coalition
- We work with The Link’s educators to provide awareness and prevention of animal abuse.
- The Annual Colorado Voters for Animals & Colorado Animal Protectors Laws for Paws Gala
- We co-sponsor this annual event to award outstanding legislative work by state representatives on behalf of animal welfare.